What is a washing machine drum cleaning powder/ tablets?
Cleaning your washing machine means your clothes get dirt-free more effectively. Although your washer is using detergent every time you run a load, it’s not cleaning itself. You’ll need to give it a deep clean.
There are a few options for deep cleaning a washing machine. They depend on the type of washer you have and whether you’re using a DIY cleaner or a pre-made washing machine cleaner. Thankfully, none of the methods are labor-intensive. Read on to discover which method of washer cleaning is the best for you.
A washing machine drum cleaning powder/ tablet helps to remove bad smells, odors while also cleaning the machine tub and scale.
How to Clean a Top Load Washer?
Cleaning a top load washing machine tends to be easier than a side or front load one. It’s simpler to let a cleaning solution soak in this type of washer. Here are the basic steps for cleaning a top load washing machine:
- First, clean the washer tub.
- While the tub is soaking, clean and soak your detergent trays, drawers and removable parts. Depending on your washer’s age, you might not have many removable parts.
- Wipe down the outside of the washing machine.
- Once the cleaner load finishes, clean the parts beneath the tub surround. Wipe it down with your choice of vinegar or bleach (but not both).
- Clean the filter and agitator.
- Finish cleaning off the detergent parts you’ve been soaking.
- Wipe the inside of the tub and the lid with a microfiber cloth.
- Swipe the whole washing machine again with the cloth.
- Prop the lid open to assure everything dries thoroughly.
How to Clean a Front Load Washer?
Knowing how to clean a front load washer is important. Due to their setup, they tend to be more prone to bad smells than top load washers. It’s easy for water to pool in tight spaces and start to grow mildew or mold. Cleaning your washer helps flush out all that unwanted growth and odor. Here’s an overview of how to clean your front-load or side-load washer:
- Clean the washing machine tub.
- While the tub is soaking, clean and soak your detergent trays, drawers and removable parts.
- Wipe down the outside of the washer.
- Once the cleaner load finishes, scrub the door gasket with an old toothbrush. Wipe it down with your choice of vinegar or bleach (but never mix the two).
- Clean the filter.
- Finish cleaning off your soaking detergent trays and parts.
- Wipe the inside of the tub and the door with a microfiber cloth.
- Give the whole washer another once-over with the cloth.
- If possible, prop the door open to assure everything dries thoroughly.
List of best descale powder in India
- Whirlpool Scalegon Descale Powder for Washing Machine: An efficient descaler available specifically for Whirlpool washing machines that comes with a fragrance to help give you a pleasant cleaning experience pleasant.
- Bosch Siemens Quick Descaler for Appliances: This helps in sanitizing the washing machine it is also versatile and can be used in dishwashers too. A descaler that is efficient in removing lime scales, removing calcium buildup, and eliminating odor.
- Fortune Multi Use Descaler: A descaler that comes with a fresh citrusy fragrance it can be used with washing machines, showerheads, dishwashers, faucets, and even coffee makers also having a biodegradable formula.
- Ekta home appliances Multi-Use Descaler Powder: Available in a pack of 5 this descaler powder comes with a fresh citrusy fragrance it can be used with washing machines, showerheads, dishwashers, faucets, and even coffee makers also having a biodegradable formula.
- IFB Essentials Descal Appliance Descaler: This descaler removes the lime scales very easily and can help stop the metal from getting corroded. Scales are also responsible for odor so this descaler also helps in removing any kind of odor in your washing machine tub. It can be used with every brand and all types of washing machines.
- Samsung Descale Powder for Washing Machine: A descaler powder made specifically for Samsung washing machines that can be used with top loading, front-loading, and even semi-automatic washing machines. This can also be used for other brands and you can also use it for other appliances too.
- LG ScaLGo Descale Powder for Washing Machine: If you have a washing machine this is the descaler for you an easy to use powder that can help eliminate any kind of scales efficiently. It can be used with the top load as well as a front load washing machine giving you a nice smelling washing machine after usage.
- Descaler Descale powder for all washing machines: This is one of the most affordable descalers that you will find in the market. An amazing quality that will not damage your drum while also giving it a really good smell.
- SCURE Descale Powder: A powder that can be used for all brands of washing machines and its use is not restricted to the washing machines but you will be able to use it with the dishwashers and other such appliances as well.
- Atomic Washing Machine Cleaning Powder: This washing machine powder and cleaner will not only remove scales but also remove grime and dirt easily. It can be used in almost any brand of washing machine and in both automatic and semi-automatic as well as front load and top load washing machines.
Clean the Washing Machine Door or Lid
If you have a front load washing machine, you’re well aware that the door gets dirty. The rubber gasket around the door is a magnet for lint, hair and debris.
Similarly, your top load washer also gets hair and lint stuck in it. It’s just harder to see. The indentations around the top of the wash tub may catch debris. The lid can also get grimy.
Luckily, the door or lid is easy to clean:
- Dampen a clean cloth and clean the front and sides of the washer.
- Also clean the top and underside of the lid.
- Clean under the inside lip of the lid, since a lot of old soap and lint can get trapped there.
- If you’re concerned about mold or mildew, use a mix of bleach and water. You can use vinegar and water instead, if you’d prefer.
- Scrub well with a microfiber cloth or paper towel, then rinse with water.
- Wipe it dry.
How to clean the Washing Machine Filter and Agitator
To fully deep clean a washing machine, you’ll need to clean the filter and the agitator. This procedure varies from one machine to the next. Front load washers generally lack agitators. Unplug the machine before removing these parts:
- Consult your owner’s manual to see how to remove the washing machine filter.
- For agitator models, you can use a socket wrench to remove the bolt holding the agitator. Once the bolt is out, reach beneath to lift the agitator from the machine.
- Place the agitator and filter into a bucket of hot, soapy water. You can also create a DIY cleaning solution from 2 cups of vinegar, 1/4 cup of baking soda and 1/4 cup of water.
- Use a soft bristle scrub brush to scrub down the removed parts.
- Rinse thoroughly, then dry them with a microfiber cloth.
- Replace the filter and agitator in the washing machine.
Now that you know how to clean a washing machine, it’s that much easier to keep it sparkling. Ready to tackle that washer grime for good? Get washing machine cleaner, bleach and cleaning supplies delivered to your door. We deliver online orders when and where you need them.